Search YouTube and Google Video from your desktop
- Searches YouTube and Google Video simultaneously
- Easy to access via desktop widget
- Doesn't display video comments
- Results similar for both YouTube and Google Video
- Only searches two video websites
If you like to watch YouTube and Google Video regularly but don't want the hassle of being bombarded by everything on the site, then you can access them via Videobox.
Videobox is a simple widget that uses keywords to search for Google Video and YouTube videos from your desktop. The immediate problem with Videobox is that because both these services hare gradually being merged, you often get the same results for both but still, the search works pretty well.
Simply enter your search terms into the Videobox searchbox and hit the magnifying glass. The results in Videobox take a little longer than using the video sites directly but you'll soon be presented with a list of results from both YouTube and Google Video that match your criteria including title, description and in the case of YouTube, tags.. The disadvantage is that you don't benefit from the comments.
Videobox is a useful alternative to searching for videos via YouTube and Google Video when you don't have the time or inclination to read the comments.
- FIX] WebKit is way too unstable for us to support. Removed WebKit Nightly Build support. [FIX] Customizations of preset settings would not be saved. Fixed.